Riddles for Kids, which can help their brain develop, is an alternative that parents can use to spend time with their children. Giving riddles that provoke their thinking will be very beneficial for children’s intelligence. There is a famous quote about teaching children to think
Let’s try teaching children how to think instead of what to think
Try to do this at least once a week, spending time with the children. definitely exciting and see the effect a few months later, your child will have a good way of thinking
You can also entertain your children before they sleep, we have prepared Bedtime Stories For Kids.
Here’s a riddle for kids that can provoke their thinking power.
- Easy Riddles for kids
- Animal Riddles For Kids
- Math and Number Riddle For Kids
- Nature Riddles For Kids
- Food Ridles For Kids
- General Riddle For Kids
Easy Riddle For Kids With Answer
Here are 20 easy riddle to get kids to think. Let’s start !
- I have a 100 legs but cannot stand. A long neck but no head. And I eat the maids life.
- In the window she sat weeping. And with each tear her life went seeping.
- I have legs but not walk, a strong back but work not, two good arms but reach not, a seat but sit and tarry not.
- What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take in when you don’t want to use it?
- Four legs up, four legs down, soft in the middle, Hard all around.
- Thousands lay up gold within this house, but no man made it. Spears past counting guard this house, but no man wards it.
- The man who invented it, doesn’t want it. The man who bought it, doesn’t need it. The man who needs it, doesn’t know it.
- I am so simple, that I can only point yet I guide men all over the world.
- Light as a feather, there’s nothing in it, but the strongest man can’t hold it much more than a minute.
- I saw an unusual book: The foreword comes after the epilogue; The end is in the first half of the book; The index comes before the introduction. Name the book.
- Pearl white chest without key or lid. Inside of which golden treasure is hid. What am I?
- We are twins, We are close together, But we will not touch, But far apart, We become one. What are we?
- If you feed it, it lives, If you water it-it dies!
- They have not flesh nor feathers, nor scales nor bone; but they do have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they??
- What has legs but cannot walk?
- What gets more wet as it dries?
- I reflect the light, thats not very bright, I sit in the same place all year, all the time..right here, you cannot see me all right.. at least when its not night.
- Lovely and round, I shine with pale light, grown in the darkness, a lady’s delight.
- I have no top or bottom but I can hold Flesh, bones and blood all at the same time.
- What has hands but cannot touch?
- A towel
- A comb
- A clock
- A table
Let’s move on to the next riddle
Animal Riddles For Kids With Answer
Here are 14 Animal riddles for Kids, Let’s get started!
- When is it bad luck to meet a white cat?
- What peels like an onion but still remains whole?
- One where none should be, or maybe where two should be, seeking out purity, in the kings trees. What am I?
- A guy always in armor, But never been at war. Sleeps in armor, walks in armor.
Slow he is, but heavy is the armor. No sword, no bow, spear. Who is it?
- I move without wings, between silken strings, I leave as you find, my substance behind. What am I?
- Creeping on its belly, curled into a ring.
Eyes forever open, beware its lethal sting.
- If a man would carry my burden-
He would break his back
I am not rich
But leave silver in my track
- What kind of can never needs a can-opener?
- The strangest creature you’ll ever find: Two eyes in front and many more behind.
- I am a strange creature, Hovering in the air, Moving from here to there, With a brilliant flare. Some say I sing, But others say I have no voice, So I just hum-as a matter of choice.
- Stealthy as a shadow in the dead of night, cunning but affectionate if given a bite. Never owned but often loved. At my sport considered cruel but that’s because you never know me at all. What am I?
- If this animal is killed off, all of it’s species destroyed; it becomes extinct, in a year, the species will be back. What animal is it?
- A warrior amongst the flowers, He bears a thrusting sword. Able and ready to use, To guard his golden hoard.
- I have no sword, I have no spear, yet rule a horde which many fear, my soldiers fight with wicked sting, I rule with might, yet am no king. What am I?
- When you’re the mouse
- Humming bird
- A queen bee
Math and Number Riddle For Kids
Here are 7 math and number riddle for kids that can provoke them to think and count.
- If you divide thirty by half, and add ten, what do you get?
- A word I know, Six letters it contains. Subtract just one, and twelve is what remains.
- Double my number, I’m less than a score, Half of my number is less than four. Add one to my double when bakers are near, Days of the week are still greater, I fear.
- If two’s company, and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?
- What is the difference between a dollar and a half and thirty five-cents.
- How many times can you subtract five from twentyfive?
- If seven people meet each other and each shakes hands only once with each of the others, how many handshakes will there have been?
Nature Riddle For Kids
This is a selected riddle about nature to trigger children to think and get to know nature. Let’s start !
- What can be quick and deadly and gathers by the ocean?
- It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, Ends life, kills laughter.
- You will find him in the mountains
And you’ll find him in the creek
He has no mouth –
Yet he speaks in every tongue
He has no ears –
And yet will answer every cry
Always having the final word
- I touch your face, I’m in your words, I’m lack of space and beloved by birds.
- What can you catch but not throw?
- What breaks but never falls?
- What falls but never breaks?
- Large as a mountain, small as a pea,
Endlessly swimming in a waterless sea.
- First you see me in the grass dressed in yellow gay; next I am in dainty white, then I fly away. What am I?
- The Pearls of night, stolen in clearest light of day.
- A thousand colored folds stretch toward the sky,
Atop a tender strand,
Rising from the land,
‘Til killed by maiden’s hand,
Perhaps a token of love, perhaps to say goodbye.
- A bridge in a hollow
And a hundred going over it
No blacksmith, nor mason,
nor carpenter built it.
- A whole dale filled, but nod even one full hand?
- What has a mouth but cannot chew?
- My love, when I gaze on thy beautiful face,
Careering along, yet always in place —
The thought has often come into my mind
If I ever shall see thy glorious behind.
- What has roots as nobody sees, Is taller than trees, Up, up it goes, And yet never grows?
- Can run but never walks, Has a mouth and never talks, Has a head but never weeps, Has a bed but never sleeps.
- Frozen river
- A river
Food Riddles for Kids
This is a Riddles for kids, about fruits, vegetables and food for kids. Give your child to get them to think and get to know some names of fruits, vegetables and foods.
- I come out of the earth, I am sold in the market. He who buys me cuts off my tail, takes off my suit of silk, and weeps beside me when I am dead.
- A red cap on my head, a stone in my throat, if you tell me the answer, I’ll give you a Groat. What am I?
- It can poison water in a way no detect poison can tell you. Damned it is in water, highly priced when dry.
- Hundreds of black smiths, in a dungeon with no doors or windows, when we leave, each of us builds his own dungeon.
- What has a heart that does not beat yet it lives?
- What stinks when living and smells good when dead?
- What has ears but cannot hear?
- What has eyes but cannot see?
- What kind of room has no windows or doors?
- Crushed beneath trampling feet, kept in darkness and cold. I am useless if I have suffered not; but having suffered, my temper is sweet and strong to all those who partake. What am I, at start?
- Alive without breath, As cold as death; Never thirsty, ever drinking, All in mail never clinking.
- In marble halls as white as milk, lined with skin as soft as silk. Within a fountain crystal clear, a golden apple doth appear. No doors there are to this stronghold, Yet thieves break in and steal the gold.
- Remove the outside, cook the inside, eat the outside, throw away the inside.
- Squeeze it and it cries tears as red as it’s flesh. It’s heart is made of stone.
- I am seeking for a dark gold, highly priced by young and old, since I couldn´t find it in any vault. I will take a bite tasting if it is right.
- An artichoke
- A potato
General Riddles for Kids
Here are 12 reguler riddles for kids. Let’s Begin!
- What goes around the world without leaving its corner?
- I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?
- What is black and white and is red all over?
- I can be written, I can be spoken, I can be exposed, I can be broken.
- Use me well and I am everybody, Scratch my back and I am nobody.
- The more you take away, the bigger it gets.
- It can be said: To be gold is to be good; To be stone is to be nothing; To be glass is to be fragile; To be cold is to be cruel; Unmetaphored, what am I?
- Give me food and I will live, Give me water, and I will die.
- White and thin, red within, with a nail at the end. What is it?
- I know a word of letters three, add two and less there will be.
- A box without hinges, key or lid, Inside, a golden treasure is hid.
- You hear me once, you heard me again, and then I die until I am called again.
Conclusions and Suggestions
That’s a puzzle for kids brought to you by admin logicriddle. Hopefully this is useful to help develop children’s thinking and intelligence.
If you have a good puzzle idea for children’s intelligence, please write it in the comments column.
- Daily Brain Teaser 3rd Session Make Your Brain More Refreshed
- Daily Brain Teasers 2nd Session Can Help You Think Sharper
- Daily Brain Teasers (1st Session) – Can Make Your Mind Melt
- 57 Latest And Free Online Puzzles For All Ages
- Riddles Of The Day – Train Your Mind to Work Well